Official Rules for the Hearthstone® with Hunter Pence Sweepstakes (the "Official Rules")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Hearthstone® with Hunter Pence Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Employees, independent contractors, interns, officers, directors, and agents of Sponsor (defined below), other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children, and their respective spouses) and household members of any of the foregoing are not eligible to
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Vox Media, Inc., 1201 Connecticut Avenue, 11th Floor, NW, Washington, DC 20036 ("Sponsor").
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of: (a) these Official Rules; and (b) Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Sweepstakes Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 1:00:01 PM ET on July 1, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on July 6th, 2015. Entries submitted before or after the Sweepstakes Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, visit http://www.polygon.com/sponsored/8699715/take-on-hunter-pence-in-hearthstone-on-july-9th, submit your full legal name, email address, zip code and Twitch user name to complete the online entry form to receive one (1) entry. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM PDT on July 6th, 2015 to be eligible. To be eligible to enter, entrants must have a valid Twitch account, which can be opened for free at www.twitch.com. Additionally, entrants must also have a free Battle.net account and Hearthstone®: Heroes of Warcraft® (the "Game"), which can be downloaded for free on the Sweepstakes Site or at www.playhearthstone.com. Limit one (1) entry per person per valid email address throughout the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Entries received in excess of the above stated limitation from any person or email address will be void. Entries generated by an agency, script, macro or other automated means, or by any means which subvert the entry process, will be void and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
6. Drawing: After the Sweepstakes Entry Period, Sponsor will select three (3) potential winner(s) in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the total number of entries received.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing by emailing the email address provided by the potential winner in his/her entry. If a potential winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours after the notice is sent, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners will be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received.
8. Prize(s) (3): Winners will have a chance to play the Game against sports personality and Hearthstone player Hunter Pence on or about July 9th, 2015 at a time selected by the Sponsor using Twitch live stream and will also receive one (1) autographed official Hunter Pence San Francisco Giants Home Jersey. The approximate retail price ("ARV") for each prize is $300.00 (shipping inclusive). Total ARV for all prizes is $900.00 (shipping inclusive). Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The value of each prize set forth above represents Sponsor's good faith determination of the ARV thereof and cannot be challenged or appealed.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; (b) end the Sweepstakes; or (c) award the prize(s) at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Washington, DC. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Washington, DC, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Washington, DC or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Washington, DC.
13. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Vox Media, Inc. c/o Hearthstone® with Hunter Pence Sweepstakes, 1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW, 11th Floor, Washington, DC 20036. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.