The sun is out, your glass is sweating, and, let’s be honest, so are you. Refreshing iced tea and ciders are the key to keeping cool in the summertime. Whether you’re trying to be the popular guest at the barbecue or you just want to kick back in your own kitchen with a drink, these cocktail (alcoholic and non-alcoholic!) recipes are your best bet when it comes to warm-weather libations. Bonus: They are all five ingredients or less.
Not So Sweet Tea
- 4 cups Turkey Hill Sweet Tea or Haymakers Sweet Tea
- 1 cup citron vodka (we used Absolut, but you can use your favorite lemon flavored vodka)
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec (optional)
- Lemon for garnish (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher or punch bowl, and serve over ice.
Haymakers Sippin’ Tea
- 6 ounces Haymakers Lightly Sweet Tea (or Unsweetened Iced Tea)
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- Sliced white peach or another fresh fruit (we used mango)
- Seltzer to top
In a glass filled with ice, combine the tea, gin, and fruit. Top with seltzer, stir, and serve.
Boston Tea Hardy
- 3 ounces Turkey Hill Iced Tea or Haymakers Sweet Tea
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 3 ounces orange juice
- Lemon wheel to garnish (optional)
Combine all ingredients, shake with ice, and strain over ice cubes into a highball glass.
Pineapple & Cider Punch
- 57.6 ounces (or 1 liter) Haymakers Original Cider
- 1/2 pineapple sliced
- 9 ounces fresh orange juice
- 5 ounces simple syrup
- 9 ounces lemon juice
In a punch bowl or pitcher, combine the pineapple, orange juice, simple syrup, lemon juice, and Haymakers Original Cider. Stir, add ice, and enjoy.
Cranberry Cider Trio
- 4 ounces Haymakers Original Cider
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed orange juice
- Apple slice for garnish
In a highball glass, combine cranberry juice, fresh squeezed orange juice, and Haymakers Original Cider. Top with an apple slice garnish.